Areas of expertise
• DC resistance
• Current transformers
• Mains power
• DVMs & multifunction calibrators
• Repair of metrology instrumentation
- NZPO internal training courses to senior technician level.
- Fluke Lab Management and Metcal courses.
Bruce came to MSL in 1998 after 30 years' work as a telecommunications technician in the NZPO (the company that became Telecom). In the last 10 years with them Bruce repaired and calibrated instruments that covered the full range of telecommunications technologies. He was IANZ signatory to all of the accredited technical procedures of Telecom Repair Services Ltd.
In the electrical standards area of MSL, Bruce has concentrated on maintenance and calibration in the DC resistance area, mains power area, CT area, CTVT comparators and DVMs. He has been involved in the repair of metrology instrumentation.
• Christian, L.A.*; McLennan, B.E.*. 2008. Terminal tightness : improving the stability of a four-terminal standard resistor. CPEM Digest (Conference of Electromagnetic Metrology). p.148-149.
• White, D.R.*; Edgar, H.*; McLennan, B.E.*; Saunders, P.*. 2013. Automation of the resistance bridge calibrator. AIP Conference Proceedings. Vol.1552, no.8, p.392-397.
• M. D. Early, C. R. McKenzie, L. A. Christian, B. E. McLennan. 2006. Traceability of an AC sampling digital voltmeter. CPEM Digest (Conference of Electromagnetic Metrology). p.408-409.