Areas of expertise
- Optical characterisation
- Materials science
- PhD, Solid State Physics, 2017
- PhD, Engineering/Applied Physics, ongoing.
Farzana holds a Bachelor of Science in Theoretical Physics, a Master of Science in Photonics, and a PhD in Solid State Physics. She has experience in FDTD- and FEM-based optical device modelling. So far she has published more than two dozen research articles and papers in reputable journals and conference proceedings. Currently she is towards the end of her second PhD where she has combined her modeling skills with microfabrication and materials science in order to characterise transparent conducting oxides for plasmonic applications.
Currently she is with the Light and Temperature Team at MSL, as part of the Humidity Measurement and Calibration Lab.
• Masouleh, F. F.*; Sinno, I.; Buckley, R. G.; Gouws, G.; Moore, C. P. 2018. Characterization of conductive Al-doped ZnO thin films for plasmonic applications. Applied Physics A, p. 124-174.
• Masouleh, F. F.*; Rozati, S.M.; Das, N. 2018. Performance improvement of plasmonic-based thin film assisted MSM-PDs, Optik - International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, Vo. 157, p. 733-742.
• Masouleh, F. F.*; Das, N. K.; Rozati, S. M.; Nano-structured Gratings for Improved Light Absorption Efficiency in Solar Cells, Energies, Vol. 9, no. 756; p. 1-14.
• Masouleh, F. F.*; Das, N.; Rozati, S. M..2015. Optimal Subwavelength Design for Efficient Light Trapping in Central Slit of Plasmonics-based Metal-Semiconductor-MetaI Photodetector, Journal of Optical and Quantum Electronics, Springer, Vol. 47, Issue 6, pp 1477-1485.
• Das, N. K.*; Masouleh, F. F.; Mashayekhi, H. R.. 2014. Absorption and Reflection behavior of light in Nano-Structured GaAs Metal-Semiconductor Metal Photo-Detectors, IEEE transactions on nanotechnology, Vol. 13, Issue 5, pp. 1-8.
• Masouleh, F. F.*; Das, N. K.; Mashayekhi, H. R.. 2015. Assessment of amplifying effects of ridges spacing and height on nano-structured MSM photo-detectors," Journal of Optical and Quantum Electronics, Springer US. Vol. 47, Issue 2, p. 193-201.
• Masouleh, F. F.*; Das, N. K.; Mashayekhi, H. R.. 2013. Comparison of different plasmonic nano-grating profiles for Quality light absorption in nano-structured MSM photo-detectors," Opt. Eng. Vol. 52, no. 12, 127101.
• Das, N.*; Masouleh, F. F.; Mashayekhi, H. R.. 2013. A Comprehensive Analysis of Plasmonics-Based GaAs MSM-Photodetector for High Bandwidth-Product Responsivity, Advances in OptoElectronics, Vol. 2013, Article ID 793253, p. 1-10.
• Masouleh, F. F.*; Das, N. K.; Mashayekhi, H. R.. 2014. Optimization of light transmission efficiency for nano-grating assisted MSM-PDs by varying physical parameters, The Journal of Photonics and Nanostructures - Fundamentals and Applications, Vol. 12, Issue I, p. 45-53.
• Masouleh, F. F.*; Das, N. K.; Rozati, S. M.. 2015. Optimal subwavelength design for efficient light trapping in central slit of plasmonics-based metal-semiconductor-metal photodetector," Optical and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 47, no. 6, p. 1477-85.